Sunday, October 17, 2010

Good Sunday night

  1. I give a call to a friend inviting her and her family for Sunday afternoon treats and she promises to call back and eventually come but then she doesn't. Night is falling and I feel a little disappointed but then my cousin and her boyfriend show up at our doorstep which is a wonderful surprise. 
  2. Jay coughs in her sleep and I get up to make her thyme tea. It helps calm down her cough and she falls back to sleep peacefully.
  3. I read in the living room when Em comes looking for me. She sits down on the couch next to me, embraces me and then asks me to tuck her in. I am glad I am awake to chase her night fears away. She feels safer and calmer in her bed when someone’s still up in the house.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, the joys of motherhood. I am past that season now, but many good memories. That is what you are making for your golden years.....and for their childhood memories. May the Lord continue to bless.

    ReplyDelete