- My colleague Manja from work is so kind to stop in the middle of the street and give me a lift to the office in the cold early morning.
- I take a long lunch break. I walk the streets of the downtown, indulge in a decaf and cookies and stop at the bookstore.
- The smell in the hall is exactly the same as it had been when I was a student at this school.
Monday, April 20, 2015
Sunday, April 19, 2015
- A workout for a good start of the day.
- I was lucky to spot a documentary about Marie Curie at Sorbonne last night which should help Em with her school project, and today we watch it together right after lunch.
- As Jay and I walk down the road three goats come right towards us, two of them being the sweetest little creatures I have seen in a long time.
Thursday, April 16, 2015
- Bathing in the sun at lunchtime.
- A sudden breeze from the woods cools the air just as I am done putting seeds of carrots, lettuce and radishes into the ground. I drape the fabric right over to keep them warm.
- At midnight I feel like I am capable of doing crazy things. But I talk myself into letting go and sleeping, just sleeping.
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
- I like her hair-cut and wish I had the same.
- Jay never fails to amaze me with her cheerfulness. Even after almost two hours of math exercises.
- I laugh really hard. Stories from our everyday life that we share over the phone are just so crazy yet we endure all the lows and do little to change them. Bursting into laughter at the end of the day is so relaxing.
Monday, April 6, 2015
- We are awed by snowflakes several times during the day: in the sunshine, in the snowstorm… beautiful.
- It is wonderful to have A. come visit with her son. No computers and coworkers around.
- Pegged laundry in front of the fireplace. Em gone to the bathroom, our big bathroom with warm floor tiles and hot running water. I watch a documentary about Pedro Opeka and feel we have too much of so many things and lack others, but I am grateful, so grateful.