- The crust on the grill-cheese slices.
- We wanted to take our bikes to go cycling, but it starts raining. We look for the old tae-bo tape and do our exercise indoors instead. Jay laughs a lot and we have a great time.
- I am happy I have brought a book along so I don’t sit idly in the car while waiting for Jay.
Sunday, June 5, 2016
Thursday, June 2, 2016
- At lunchtime I dash to the library then stop at the café nearby to have a decaf with a great view of the green on the other side of the river.
- I ponder what to with this new information that I got a hold of. And then I do nothing and it feels good. They have done enough bad to me and I don’t have to respond to win.
- Things I thought I had completed keep popping up. I force myself to check every single line all over again and send it out before midnight.
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
- A good start of the day. As I wake Em I tell her she shouldn’t freak out but someone has cleaned her room overnight (of course, it was her doing before sleep), and that makes her smile even before she opens her eyes.
- A call from a friend from the office just to ask me how I have been doing. I think that is most thoughtful and it brings tears to my eyes.
- I usually only read one chapter to Jay at bedtime. But the story is so intriguing I go on and read one more.
Monday, May 30, 2016
Sunday, May 29, 2016
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
- I remember to call a friend for her birthday. Her voice is always cheerful.
- There are many children on stage, all recipients of awards for their music performance within this school year, and Jay is among them. What a pretty sight.
- We warm up the vegetable soup and have supper on the table within minutes.
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Sunday, May 22, 2016
- The church reminds me of a very dear friend, who is still very much alive in my heart. His ideas, his artistic skills and work can be traced all over the place. Thank you, thank you.
- Jay’s face is all red from biking uphill, but she doesn’t complain too much. She is actually very happy with herself and does some more exercising in the yard.
- Digging in my vegetable garden. An evening breeze from the forest.
Saturday, May 21, 2016
- I plant new flowers on his grave. It’s a beautiful morning and the view of the hill he loved so much, rising from behind the trees, is magnificent. I feel like that is where he dwells, still. He is also one of the guardians of my girls, I know he is.
- We get a seat in the shade and have a good view of the choir of more than 150 people. I am impressed by the singers’ endurance to sing in full afternoon sun, most of them not even wearing sunglasses, like Em.
- While Jay watches her favorite TV show with her dad and Em’s relaxing, I get to watch a movie of my own choice while exercising. It is a good one.
Friday, May 20, 2016
Thursday, May 19, 2016
- Em is overexcited showing me photos taken at the TV studios yesteday. I am so happy for her.
- I help Jay go through the learning material once more, and then she seems more relaxed.
- While exercising I finish watching the movie I started a few days ago. I would like to spend a week at an old mansion surrounded by vineyards in Provence, that I know.
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
- It is a nice gesture of theirs, to bring a small gift, the soap with sea salt, to the meeting.
- I record my reading out loud and listen to it while driving. I’m trying my best to keep afloat.
- Every time I wind the old clock I remember the kitchen in my grandparents’ house, and my grandfather, his strong hard working hands, his small figure, his energetic walk and sense of humor. I am so lucky.
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
- I only had time to say if she was going to pick me up, and then her mobile phone went dead. A while later the cleaning lady shows up at the office and tells me they have come for me.
- Jay doesn’t want to be alone in front of the house, playing with flowers and water, so I agree to do some shoes’ cleaning outside to be near her. There are raindrops and a cold breeze, yet enjoyable.
- Reading another chapter at bedtime with Jay.
Monday, May 16, 2016
Sunday, May 15, 2016
- By the time Jay wakes up I have already returned from my grocery shopping.
- My cousin comes visit with her little girl Naja. She undresses Jay’s dolls then dresses them up again, and it is so wonderful to watch her in action.
- It stops raining in the late afternoon and we go for a walk uphill to the church and back. The view is not clear, yet beautiful as always.
Saturday, May 14, 2016
- I couldn’t sleep. I start my exercise at 6 in the morning.
- While waiting for Em and her chorus rehearsal to end, I have time for a walk in the rain, a coffee with a friend and a chat with a former coworker I run into at the open market.
- After my assumptions prove right I know I need to leave the house for a couple of hours. I go to the movies. Good decision.
Friday, May 13, 2016
Thursday, May 12, 2016
- The owner was not kind and eventually said he wasn’t even sure he was going to sell the place. But after having seen a house in a very bad condition a week ago I longed to see a beautiful one – like this.
- I listen to their chirping in the bathroom. My girls.
- Before sleep I play some of my favorite tunes.
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- We agreed on the price. We shook hands. Another milestone in my journey.
- Shakira’s Try everything lifts me up.
- I blow dry Jay’s hair. And after Jay’s in bed I check on Em and she is working on her math with a friend on the other side of the line. It is just a normal day. Amid all this craziness I need the sense of routine, the sense of stability, as momentary as it may be.