- My colleague Manja from work is so kind to stop in the middle of the street and give me a lift to the office in the cold early morning.
- I take a long lunch break. I walk the streets of the downtown, indulge in a decaf and cookies and stop at the bookstore.
- The smell in the hall is exactly the same as it had been when I was a student at this school.
Monday, April 20, 2015
Sunday, April 19, 2015
- A workout for a good start of the day.
- I was lucky to spot a documentary about Marie Curie at Sorbonne last night which should help Em with her school project, and today we watch it together right after lunch.
- As Jay and I walk down the road three goats come right towards us, two of them being the sweetest little creatures I have seen in a long time.
Thursday, April 16, 2015
- Bathing in the sun at lunchtime.
- A sudden breeze from the woods cools the air just as I am done putting seeds of carrots, lettuce and radishes into the ground. I drape the fabric right over to keep them warm.
- At midnight I feel like I am capable of doing crazy things. But I talk myself into letting go and sleeping, just sleeping.
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
- I like her hair-cut and wish I had the same.
- Jay never fails to amaze me with her cheerfulness. Even after almost two hours of math exercises.
- I laugh really hard. Stories from our everyday life that we share over the phone are just so crazy yet we endure all the lows and do little to change them. Bursting into laughter at the end of the day is so relaxing.
Monday, April 6, 2015
- We are awed by snowflakes several times during the day: in the sunshine, in the snowstorm… beautiful.
- It is wonderful to have A. come visit with her son. No computers and coworkers around.
- Pegged laundry in front of the fireplace. Em gone to the bathroom, our big bathroom with warm floor tiles and hot running water. I watch a documentary about Pedro Opeka and feel we have too much of so many things and lack others, but I am grateful, so grateful.
Sunday, March 29, 2015
- Palm Sunday is one of my favorites Sundays. I knew all seats would be taken before we’d enter the church, but I prefer to stand outside with Jay and all the chatty happy people, to be in the sun, waiting for the priest’s blessing.
- I recheck the spinning chair again and see that it is indeed in perfect condition and worth the price I set.
- A sense of relief when I see him leave.
Saturday, March 28, 2015
- When Jay finds knee socks in pink, with black music notes her face lifts up.
- After we reach the top we sit on the bench and Jay leans against me. There is wind in the treetops and there is no place I’d rather be.
- I listen to uplifting TED talks instead of watching tv before bedtime. Indeed, what is the worst that can happen if you give it a try?
Friday, March 27, 2015
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
- In-between returning from work, music class and church I spent little daytime in the house, and that is good.
- I can see right into her heart when she sits down by my side. Watching dance groups’ appearances for two hours and not being a part of it anymore was too much for her.
- I so much enjoy the movie character Walter Mitty seeing the world and beyond.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- The smell of Spring coming from the woods as I wait down by the driveway.
- I am happy to hear that my sight hasn’t deteriorated all that much.
- So wonderful to have a full service and lots of attention at the optician’s (who happens to be my classmate from primary school), so unlike the last purchase of eyeglass frames at some other place.
Monday, March 23, 2015
- As soon as I come home Jay happily shares details about her test in Slovenian, about how very well she thinks she has done at it.
- At the mall a toddler flapping hands in excitement while looking through the glass panel from her pushchair.
- Em leans on me and together we watch an episode about gold mining in Bering Sea.
Sunday, March 22, 2015
- A Sunday sleep-in for my sore muscles.
- As we walk the trail I show Jay the lungwort, the first one I have noticed this Spring.
- We return late from the charity concert but I manage to prepare an evening snack, have Jay in bed by 8 p.m., workout and listen Em rehearse her history presentation about Augustus. Altogether it feels like a good end of the day.
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Friday, March 20, 2015
- We are both tip-toeing in our conversation, still it is really nice to see her stop by our house.
- Em has planned out her evening: the appearance with her school choir, then late night shopping with friends.
- Fridays are Jay’s favorite. Because she has made it a rule to stay up for as long as she wants. I agree to that. Now Fridays are my favorite, too.
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
- I catch the train and get to the music school on time to attend the mini Spring production. Jay plays wonderfully and I am really happy about it.
- Em wishes to explain to me all about cells from her biology class and while listening I relax on the couch and don’t get up even when I hear B coming upstairs.
- I manage to quiet my mind and just be for a minute. Life starts making sense again and I can go to the bathroom to get ready for bed.
Monday, March 16, 2015
- The meeting with the tutor is inspiring. He loves what he does and seems very relaxed and motivated, and overall funny. I haven’t heard an Irish accent in many years.
- I expected to have to argument but it goes smoothly.
- I love it that the movie has been made into a musical. I like the redhead.
Sunday, March 15, 2015
- Tried jogging again.
- Saw a rainbow, my first in 2015.