- Palm Sunday is one of my favorites Sundays. I knew all seats would be taken before we’d enter the church, but I prefer to stand outside with Jay and all the chatty happy people, to be in the sun, waiting for the priest’s blessing.
- I recheck the spinning chair again and see that it is indeed in perfect condition and worth the price I set.
- A sense of relief when I see him leave.
Sunday, March 29, 2015
Saturday, March 28, 2015
- When Jay finds knee socks in pink, with black music notes her face lifts up.
- After we reach the top we sit on the bench and Jay leans against me. There is wind in the treetops and there is no place I’d rather be.
- I listen to uplifting TED talks instead of watching tv before bedtime. Indeed, what is the worst that can happen if you give it a try?
Friday, March 27, 2015
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
- In-between returning from work, music class and church I spent little daytime in the house, and that is good.
- I can see right into her heart when she sits down by my side. Watching dance groups’ appearances for two hours and not being a part of it anymore was too much for her.
- I so much enjoy the movie character Walter Mitty seeing the world and beyond.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- The smell of Spring coming from the woods as I wait down by the driveway.
- I am happy to hear that my sight hasn’t deteriorated all that much.
- So wonderful to have a full service and lots of attention at the optician’s (who happens to be my classmate from primary school), so unlike the last purchase of eyeglass frames at some other place.
Monday, March 23, 2015
- As soon as I come home Jay happily shares details about her test in Slovenian, about how very well she thinks she has done at it.
- At the mall a toddler flapping hands in excitement while looking through the glass panel from her pushchair.
- Em leans on me and together we watch an episode about gold mining in Bering Sea.
Sunday, March 22, 2015
- A Sunday sleep-in for my sore muscles.
- As we walk the trail I show Jay the lungwort, the first one I have noticed this Spring.
- We return late from the charity concert but I manage to prepare an evening snack, have Jay in bed by 8 p.m., workout and listen Em rehearse her history presentation about Augustus. Altogether it feels like a good end of the day.
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Friday, March 20, 2015
- We are both tip-toeing in our conversation, still it is really nice to see her stop by our house.
- Em has planned out her evening: the appearance with her school choir, then late night shopping with friends.
- Fridays are Jay’s favorite. Because she has made it a rule to stay up for as long as she wants. I agree to that. Now Fridays are my favorite, too.
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
- I catch the train and get to the music school on time to attend the mini Spring production. Jay plays wonderfully and I am really happy about it.
- Em wishes to explain to me all about cells from her biology class and while listening I relax on the couch and don’t get up even when I hear B coming upstairs.
- I manage to quiet my mind and just be for a minute. Life starts making sense again and I can go to the bathroom to get ready for bed.
Monday, March 16, 2015
- The meeting with the tutor is inspiring. He loves what he does and seems very relaxed and motivated, and overall funny. I haven’t heard an Irish accent in many years.
- I expected to have to argument but it goes smoothly.
- I love it that the movie has been made into a musical. I like the redhead.
Sunday, March 15, 2015
- Tried jogging again.
- Saw a rainbow, my first in 2015.
Saturday, March 14, 2015
- A morning hike. First windflowers.
- Weekends used to be a well established routine. Over the last two months the list of tasks is pretty much the same, but there is no schedule. Just going with the flow seems challenging and that is good. Like, at noon I am mopping the floor instead of cooking lunch.
- Jay finishes another three pages in her workbook in the evening. After 4 days of absence Jay has to catch up with her school work and is doing really well.
Friday, March 13, 2015
Thursday, March 12, 2015
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- After a long white night a long sleep-in with Jay.
- Em texts me about the time of arrival just minutes before and just as I am done putting the grocery in the car. Perfect timing.
Yes, it’s March 12th. They say that on St. Gregory’s birdies wed.
We are two birdies wedding right here, says Jay and moves closer to me.