- A post on the real estate site that looks promising.
- I copy most photos from one computer to another, only two files left. I feel a little better afterwards.
- I tuck Jay in and leave the house to get my car. I step into a beautiful evening scenery: a big starry sky and a valley full of lights.
Monday, October 5, 2015
Saturday, October 3, 2015
- A 5% discount! I am glad I asked.
- I find them both creating in the living room, enjoying their time together. Em is drawing a lovely zentangled elephant and Jay is waving friendship bracelets.
- I talk Jay into going for a walk. On our way back we stop at the orchard and enjoy the view of the valley down below. That is when she says she didn’t expect our trip to be this lovely.
Friday, October 2, 2015
- I had a headache after the session but I also felt more relaxed. I am grateful for the good experience.
- A pendant Jay will love.
- Jay and I attend the opening of an exhibition of paintings by local ameteur artists that takes place every year about same time. My old classmate from primary school and his wife are there, too, both painters. Great time. Beautiful works.
Thursday, October 1, 2015
- I watch her walk from the car to the school building, confidently and energetically.
- My appointments get scheduled much earlier than I expected, but that is a good thing. Soon is good.
- I let my Mom take my car in the afternoon so that I have a good excuse to walk down to get it back in the evening. These are my most refreshing 20 minutes of today.
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Sunday, September 27, 2015
- I have no idea what I did wrong the first time I tried installing my new computer mouse, but now it works. It’s red and wireless and mine.
- I take the piece of furniture I no longer use from the bedroom to one of the rooms upstairs. A good decision.
- In the evening Jay wants us to be creative, both of us, like we were last night. I draw zentangles again.
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
- The orange sky at sunrise. What I like most about Fall is the breath-taking sky at sunrise, sunset and on starry nights.
- Jay suggests we take our bikes and ride up to the poet’s old cottage again. We walk around it, check the records of visitors for new names (but Jay’s from a few days ago is the last one), then we watch crazy clouds for a while, and ride back.
- I anticipate a peaceful end of the day, but then I get into a quarrel with Em. I come to realize it’s high time I let go of certain beliefs and encourage independence and responsibility of people around me. And that is good thing.
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
- I think there was a sense of pride and honor in the professor’s announcement of the name of the class representative.
- I knew sooner or later she would want to ask me about it. So I agreed we go for coffee after the parents meeting. And be done with it. And that is a good thing.
- As soon as I walk in Jay is eager to share about her day and play the piano while I listen. And then she can’t stop clinging to me until she falls asleep.
Monday, September 14, 2015
- I go visit an old friend I used to work with. It is a surprise visit. We are thrilled to see each other and catch up.
- After class Jay twirls on the platform in front of the entrance to show me a part of the choreography she has learnt.
- She spreads her arms widely, while lying in bed, calling me mommy, mommy, mommy. We hold each other tightly and kiss goodnight.
Sunday, September 13, 2015
- Em is excited about her idea (about singing at the school performance in late December!) turning into a project.
- Indulging in pumpkin specialties at the local pumpkin exhibition.
- Jay refuses to walk, so we compromise to bike up to Neža Maurer’s house.
Saturday, September 12, 2015
Friday, September 11, 2015
- A hike in the golden late afternoon sunlight, sweetened by grapes and peaches.
- A deer dashes across the trail. It stops in the shade of the trees looking in my direction, and then disappears in the dark.
- We have too high expectations of what is left of the day, but all it really counts is that we are together.
Thursday, September 10, 2015
- I have a new hair cut. I changed my make-up.
- I check their internet site. The beginning-of-school discount is still on the next few weeks.
- After two hours it’s all over. Meeting finished, people gone. I get in my car. My low feelings dissolve, my discomfort eases up. I know there is so much more to come, a little different and with the same protagonists… I let the rest of it out while sweating on my bike. I am done with it (and with them) for today, so done. A good thing.
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
- The scent of vanilla in the air as I pass the bakery plant.
- I put the belt back on the shelf and leave the shop empty handed. It feels good to fight the urge for impulse buying.
- As I step out on their balcony I can hear the river sing to me just like it did when I was living at my grandparents’ (next door) as a child.
Monday, September 7, 2015
Sunday, September 6, 2015
- I wanted a different Sunday. We drove to another town, been to a beautiful church, then joined the celebration at their local school façade renovation opening and had a great time. It was the first time I saw my friend speak at a public event.
- Entering the garage and finding one of the vehicles gone.
- A short hike after the rain shower. The air is crisp and the views are so clear. Blackberries by the side of the road.
Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
- We are late, but I manage to take photos of them before leaving to mark the first day of school like I always do.
- Jay and I walk up to the music school’s principal's office to ask for a new plastic water bottle with the school’s initials that we had lost somewhere. And he is so kind to give us two bottles - for free.
- While scrubbing our bathroom I listen to Jay and her mate discussing rules of their game outside.
Monday, August 31, 2015
- I am glad I get a lovely promo notebook & colouring book that I can give away to my colleague.
- A letter from a dear blogger. A wonderful surprise!
- First day of school tomorrow – big preparations! It's great to see my girls so excited.