- After almost 2-hour drive no more rain showers, but a rainbow and a church at the rainbow’s end. I want to stop to take a photo of the light and the colors, and overall beautiful scenery, but I’m on a highway with only two lanes and have just missed the exit.
- Once I leave the cemetery I feel better.
- I watch a documentary about Malala and question the meaning of my own little average life. I think it is to bring up two more wonderful girls who have the chance to go to school and to develop their talents like every human being should, and for that I am thankful and hopeful.
Monday, February 29, 2016
Monday, February 22, 2016
- I give a call to the agent. He says one family is very much interested in the house. That is good.
- I am sent a link to this. Watching young talented people makes me happy.
- I work late and get home at nearly 8 p.m. As soon as I walk in Em wants to sing for me and Jay plays the piano and it’s lovely. Then Jay asks me to do some paper crafts with her, and we work on some colorful Easter cards.
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
- A pre-notice about a potential buyer coming over to check the house on Saturday. And then a call from the agent that there might be two of them.
- I am grateful we have left-overs from yesterday to warm up for today’s lunch.
- A music recital. The girl’s playing the flute brings tears to my eyes. And she is only 12 years old!
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
- Freshly pressed orange and banana juice for breakfast gives me a sense of doing something good for my girls.
- The lady at the bank is really nice. I get some things done and I feel more at peace afterwards.
- Em has some wonderful news to share. Her performance at their Secondary School Info Day was well noticed and she has been asked to sing at another performance end of this week.
Monday, February 15, 2016
- My new face cream makes up for a good start of the day.
- I take a walk at lunchtime. The tension at the office is so high I really need to get out.
- I return home late after the parents’ meeting, but I get to spend the rest of the evening with Jay and Em, and that is soothing. Before bedtime we end up watching an interesting documentary about changing the face of the Earth with high buildings.
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
- We go for a short walk and luckily, we only have to open our umbrellas just before we reach the house.
- When we come out from the music hall, Jay and her teacher are waiting for us, Jay with s relief on her face and the teacher with a happy smile. Today isn’t one of Jay's good days as she seems to be fighting a virus (so am I), and lacked energy in her piano playing, but she performed beautifully.
- A call from Jay’s teacher at 8 p.m. Jay won one of golden awards at the regional competition of young musicians, in her category. She is so happy, she gives me a big big hug, and can’t stop talking about it.