- I am late coming back to the office from my lunch break but a walk to the mall and back in all this sun is so worth it.
- Naja turned 1 a short while ago and plays in our sandbox for the first time. It is funny to see her pondering whether to touch the pile of sand in front of her for the first time or not.
- The catalogue offers a lovely armchair in patchwork-kind of textile. I can imagine it standing in a small salon in the burgundy villa that I wouldn’t mind living in.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Monday, September 29, 2014
- My morning: finding Jay all wrapped up in her bed cover as if it were a cocoon and the eastern skies at sunrise.
- For about 5 minutes I thought I had lost my Mom's wallet with her cards and driving license. The good thing is in what didn’t happened, in the what is. Which means I have a lot to appreciate.
- The trainer remarked that her skills have improved a lot over summer. Jay beams with pride when she shares this news.
Thursday, September 25, 2014
- The last (second) edition of the Dictionary of Slovenian language delivered. There is nothing like the smell of a book right out from printing, with pages full of words, Slovenian words, even the kind I don’t know the meaning of (yet).
- Jay wanted to go track running to the school yard. I didn't feel like it, but then we get a lift there. We have a blast running and playing football in the late afternoon sun.
- At the store Jay picks out a bag for me. We don’t end up buying it, but she knows what I like, definitely.
Monday, September 22, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
- I got my monthly pay check. And I have a job. I am grateful.
- There is a traffic jam on our way home and we leave the highway, but there is one on the local road, too. We slowly drive by a field of sunflowers. This view is worth the detour.
- I had good intentions to go to bed super early. Then I go to Em's room and she talks about school, about her mates and teachers, and shares about her feelings, and she cries a little and laughs a lot, and then we laugh until we cry, and it is all wonderful and it extends late into the night.
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
- Knowing that this project can’t possible take as long to get it off my back as it has taken up till now is my only motive at the office today.
- Removing beans from the pods with Jay is the highlight of my day. The harvest from our vegetable garden fill up a big bowl.
- Home-made tuna spread for supper. Because my girls love it.
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
- I don’t have to call the taxi today. First my coworker Greg gives me a lift downtown, and after the meeting Barb gladly offers to take me home.
- My first parents' meeting at Em's school. The same school I attended only 32 years earlier. Amazing. Same place, but so different, all renovated and so cooool.
- As soon as I walk through the door they come downstairs and give me a big hug. Just what I needed after a long day.
Sunday, September 14, 2014
- I feel uncomfortable knowing there are present, sitting just a few benches behind me, but not running into them after the ceremony is definitely a good thing.
- Finally we are out of the door and doing our Sunday afternoon walk and picking walnuts nobody wanted to pick. We are lucky to have sun again.
- At bedtime Jay sneaks into my bed to play a Sudoku on my mobile phone and cuddle a little before going to her room. After she leaves Em comes in and shares about her joys and fears for the coming 3rd week at Secondary school. I wish I could extend moments like these to infinity.
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Thankful to my friends: to M. who gives me a lift to get to our family car, and to K. from Denmark, for the lovely update.
- Jay lays down next to me on the big bed. She says it is cuddling time and wraps her arms and legs around me.
- I have a new laptop at home, the first one of my own, and when nothing works like it should I decide to be super patient with myself. And then I shut it down and use the stationary bike instead.