- My working day is spent in retail. It’s relaxing despite the physical part which clearly affects my hurting arm. It is good to be away from the computer screen for the fifth day in a row.
- I say no to Jay’s play date. I think I need some more discipline with the boundaries, myself.
- The parents’ meeting is long. I have a seat with a view through the window.
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Sunday, March 27, 2016
- Anticipating bad things and hence a headache in the morning. But my girls wake up, and get ready with no fuss, and we leave in time for Easter breakfast at my Mom’s.
- A long walk with Jay in the sun while Em is studying for school.
- An unexpected lovely late afternoon chat with Irena and a play date for the girls.
Saturday, March 26, 2016
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Monday, March 21, 2016
- I missed the right highway exit again. The good thing is that the Jay’s doctor still had a patient in his office so eventually we were not late for our appointment.
- I decide to wait till the end of her hip hop class instead of rushing off to my Monday lecture and having to arrange for someone else to take Jay home.
- The TV show guests’ story is sweet despite everything.
Sunday, March 20, 2016
- Jay can’t stop making paper flowers. It’s Palm Sunday!
- Snowdrops in full bloom. I just love them and every time I remember the time I was Jay’s age and came with a classmate to pick them for Woman’s Day for my Mom.
- I stop to take in the setting sun. I’m thankful for having time to take this long walk in the woods.
Saturday, March 19, 2016
- The fair is crowded and luckily the cash machine is working again so I can buy some goodies from local farmers.
- Jay insists on baking something for my Mom’s name day. I assist her – and the cookies are really good!
- I cut the ribbons Jay made, and staple them to the palm along with tying some additional paper flowers, and I am very happy with the end result.
Friday, March 18, 2016
- I pick the apples from the farmer's for my colleagues at work, and earn two delicious pieces of fruit.
- The lecture about the good effect of sleep on our brains is interesting. Em does an interview with her professor afterwards and it is nice to watch her in action.
- A walk in the dark with lots of stars up above.
Thursday, March 17, 2016
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
- It’s been a week now since I slightly changed my girls’ breakfast by including more fiber. So far it’s going very well.
- Mom tells me that Jay will be going to a workshop with her to learn making paper flowers for Palm Sunday, and I am glad because I have to stay at the office a little longer again.
- I can feel another wave coming down on me, and I look around to grab something and there is the book I borrowed from the library yesterday. I am saved.
Monday, March 14, 2016
- I wait for Jay to give her a big hug before she leaves with her piano teacher. Her playing of one of the works she performed at the national competition a week ago will be recorded at a recording studio and that is a very big thing.
- The orthodontist’s check-up of Em’s teeth is swift. We are in and out of the place within minutes, and I am not even late for the lecture about healthy food.
- I find Jay sleeping in my bed when I get home. She is like a little angel holding her baby doll Jerica.
Sunday, March 13, 2016
Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Jay and I spend most of the day at Celje. We go ice-skating, lunch out, then go to the movies to see Zootropolis and finally we pick up Em from her school chorus rehearsal.
- I manage to serve a lentils soup within 20 minutes. Being hungry they both appreciate it.
- I go for a late evening walk. I feel comfortable walking through the neighborhood in the dark.
Friday, March 11, 2016
- The lady in the meeting is wearing a nicely tailored leather jacket in burgundy.
- I push myself and send another few e-mails just before I am to leave the office.
- I cut some Easter eggs out of paper so Jay can staple them to the garland she is creating. We hang it in the dining room and it is really nice.
Thursday, March 10, 2016
- A reunion at Taverna. It is nice to catch up and also to talk about the old times when we were coworkers.
- Just as I start wondering about my car, I look down to my purse and my phone's ringing and it’s my Mom.
- I tell Em, with a serious expression on my face, that she can’t spend tomorrow afternoon at her friend’s - "because she has to help with cleaning up the house a little". She looks up at me in disbelief – and she knows I am just kidding.
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
- Chirping of the birds when I open the bedroom windows.
- I put away appliances from the kitchen counter that I haven’t used a while, and fill a bag with books, DVD’s and CD’s to be taken to the local library. Decluttering is good.
- I give up my little late night plan. I don’t know who I am anymore, but I do know I am not that person.
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
- A walk at lunchtime. The air is crisp but I am really hot when I get back to the office.
- A tick-off on my calendar. Thankful.
- Jay creates two lovely cards for me for Woman’s Day. And I bring cakes for my two little women. Then Jay and I walk down to the main road and back in the dark at nearly 8 p.m., and we talk and have a really good time.
Monday, March 7, 2016
- Jay is happy to get ready for her hip-hop dancing class again. A wide smile in her face.
- Em plays the meditation music for me that she has been listening to in the afternoon. I find it really interesting that she would listen to anything while studying because she usually doesn’t like any noise and interruptions.
- I decide to go to the meeting and listen to a lecture about proteins and do the group exercise afterwards. I return late, tired but happy for pushing myself a little.
Sunday, March 6, 2016
- I wake up and there is no sound in the house. That is really soothing, knowing I will get up and have the entire house to myself before the girls wake up. This is what I am looking forward to: silence, peace of mind.
- Just as we get out of the house it starts raining cats and dogs. We almost decide to go back in and then walk up to the viewpoint to embrace the whole valley down below and the big big sky.
- I am glad to see that the yoga room is not packed with ladies and I can have my usual spot and even some extra space.
Saturday, March 5, 2016
- The tension has been building up since last night. I had a long drive ahead of me, the kind that took nearly 3 hours in the bad weather on Monday when Jay had her rehearsal at a music school in the western part of the country. But then this morning it only takes 90 minutes to get there, to the National competition of young musicians. When Jay is finished with the third composition and starts playing the last one I feel tears running down my cheeks. I cry again when I let Jay take the call to my mobile phone at 8 p.m. and it’s her piano teacher announcing that Jay’s among recipients of the golden award.
- We stop at my friend’s. It is a happy reunion with her and her family.
- An evening show on TV and we watch it together, all three of us.
Friday, March 4, 2016
- I am most grateful when Em’s texts me that her rehearsal with the orchestra for Saturday is cancelled.
- A colleague from the office drops me off at the bus stop near our place which saves me the hassle of having to take a train.
- I feel a little stressed out and confused, but I manage to prepare Em’s lunch for tomorrow and pack a few things for the trip to Nova Gorica.
Thursday, March 3, 2016
- It’s a beautiful sight. It’s snowing.
- We all take a long lunch break. We talk about our kids and the crazy things that happen to us sometimes. It’s nice to talk about things other than work.
- I attend the meeting of Kajuh town quarter although I don’t live there, but Em’s school is located in this district and there are always a couple of students participating in the event. I enjoy Em’s reading poems with her peer and her singing.
Wednesday, March 2, 2016
- As I drive to work I switch to the radio station Rogla and they play music from the 80’s that makes me smile.
- Jay and I go for a short hike up to Vimperk. Jay writes her name in the visitors’ record book, eats the wafer she brought along and then we walk back in the setting sun.
- I have to struggle to get ready for bed, but then I do, and I even complete one Sudoku.