- Warm tiles in the bathroom, instant pleasure for my cold feet.
- I let her say it out really loud. It was the right thing for both of us.
- The card says something good is bound to happen.
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Sunday, October 11, 2015
- I read lying on Jay’s bed while Jay creates finger paper puppets from a promo magazine I brought from the bookstore. We are enjoying ourselves together, each in her own way, on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
- My initial plan gets cancelled and I am so disappointed I could drive to the gas station and buy a big chocolate. But then I drive back and spend what is left of the day with my girls and myself.
- Gathering all the documents that I need to take along tomorrow. I will be fine. I don’t need a bad experience of that kind or any new one of any sort. I need good ones.
Saturday, October 10, 2015
I spent a day full of wonderful things in Ljubljana.
- I ran into Susannah, an old friend from my first job, at the Chai house. A short but sweet exchange about our lives.
- I wanted to take a photo through the bookstore window and realized I had forgotten it at some other store. I got it back!
- I called my 96-year old friend Nada but nobody answered the phone. I decided to go see her although she doesn’t like surprises. She was happy to have a visitor and I was happy to see her cheerful and sharp as always.
Monday, October 5, 2015
Saturday, October 3, 2015
- A 5% discount! I am glad I asked.
- I find them both creating in the living room, enjoying their time together. Em is drawing a lovely zentangled elephant and Jay is waving friendship bracelets.
- I talk Jay into going for a walk. On our way back we stop at the orchard and enjoy the view of the valley down below. That is when she says she didn’t expect our trip to be this lovely.
Friday, October 2, 2015
- I had a headache after the session but I also felt more relaxed. I am grateful for the good experience.
- A pendant Jay will love.
- Jay and I attend the opening of an exhibition of paintings by local ameteur artists that takes place every year about same time. My old classmate from primary school and his wife are there, too, both painters. Great time. Beautiful works.
Thursday, October 1, 2015
- I watch her walk from the car to the school building, confidently and energetically.
- My appointments get scheduled much earlier than I expected, but that is a good thing. Soon is good.
- I let my Mom take my car in the afternoon so that I have a good excuse to walk down to get it back in the evening. These are my most refreshing 20 minutes of today.