- My colleague at work notices that I feel better, more relaxed, less stressed out. It is true. Mostly it has to do with my working on accepting what is and not fighting it all so much.
- I didn’t have even an instant to consider my action or reaction. I ran into a group of people at the top of the stairs and said hi, and she was one of them and that was that.
- I run errands after work and get my computer delivered by my cousin and her lovely daughter Naja that come visit. And my girls have a lot to share about the school work they have done during their day at home. I have an overall good feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Monday, October 27, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
- It is hard when you feel like you had bad luck getting a lower grade than expected. But within a few hours she manages to process the whole school thing and I see a smile on her face. And that is all that matters.
- After I am finished making pizza I decide to go for a walk before it’s served. It’s all wonderful: the smell of freshly cut grass as I cross the clearing, my deep breathing, the wind at the top of the hill where I make a stop next to the old church.
- Jay teaches me to play the piano with my left hand while she plays with her right one. It feels awkward and looks strange as if I had cramping fingers, but we manage somehow and laugh a whole lot.
Sunday, October 12, 2014
- Pegging out washing in the sun is my favorite time, even when it needs to be done in a hurry.
- Jay helps pouring the glasses while I put them in the yoghurt maker. It is our Sunday afternoon ritual only that we have it done earlier today and I don’t need to get up in the middle of the night to turn off the machine.
- Two apples, snatched right from the tree as we walk up the hill through the orchard, Jay and I. I set bad examples. So did my Mom, many many autumns ago but we have created great memories back then.
Thursday, October 9, 2014
- A full moon morning sky.
- I let go of worry about who is going to pick up Jay and just sit in the sun, waiting for my friend Darja to join me.
- Instead of driving straight home late in the evening I make a detour to our old neighborhood. I drive by the house that used to belong to my grandparents, with the light in one window, and further by the neighboring burgundy villa, all dark because nobody lives there anymore. It is all different now yet familiar and heart-warming.
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- I stand in front of Em's school, waiting for the taxi, with young students passing by, chatting, laughing. So much life, so many good vibes.
- I suggested her to get involved in another activity, focus on another goal and her feelings will change from bad to good. When she returns from her dance sesssion, hungry like a wolf, she has a smile on her face. (I should remember to do the same the next time I feel run over.)
- I can't stop watching. Inspiring movies are good. Opera singing is great.