- Notebooks with images of lavender, strawberries, chocolate on the cover, scented. There are only few in the big pile of notebooks that I bring home but Jay spots them right away and she is thrilled.
- A cool breeze from the riverside when I come from around the corner.
- Jay’s nails with red polish are lovely, just lovely.
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
- Coming back from the sun at lunchtime I rinse my hands up to my elbows with really cold water and then let it run for a while on the inner side of my wrists. Cool!
- Jay’s friend Neža comes over for an afternoon play date, hurray!
- Today was Em’s last day at her summer job. It was a hard working experience at a local supermarket. I am glad she suggested it and she seems happy to have taken this challenge, too.
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Monday, July 13, 2015
- The dentist smiles and says there is no problem about not having Em’s health insurance card with us.
- As I wait looking towards the local park I can see a very little girl from behind, pushing her mommy on the swing.
- I feel restless even after my yoga class. I clean up the kitchen and vacuum at 10 p.m. Afterwards I feel better.
Sunday, July 12, 2015
- We all wear clothes with floral pattern to church.
- A short cycling tour at 7 p.m. We make a stop by the river damn, sit on the wooden bench, eat cookies and watch the fisherman in the water.
- As I sit on the couch and watch the international news review and then the series just like last Sunday, with Jay stretching her legs over mine on my left and Em leaning her head on my right shoulder, I think to myself how indeed this is all that matters and the rest will work out somehow.
Saturday, July 11, 2015
- After lunch we have ice-cream. Lots of ice-cream. One of those that my girls like best, schwarzwald.
- They seemed like a nice family. Only that I didn’t want anyone in the house that I had so actively participated in constructing, furnishing, decorating over a period of 11 years, not even nice people. But it so happens… I don’t think any new potential buyers will make it as hard for us at the very first ones walking through our dining room, kitchen, girls’ rooms.., looking, commenting. No, I don’t think so. And that is good.
- I plant another bed of beans in the vegetable garden. They say it is going to rain at night.
Friday, July 10, 2015
Thursday, July 9, 2015
- Finally, I get into action: I call the tourist agency after not having received any reply to my e-mail in weeks; in the afternoon I walk into their office and have a form filled out; now we wait for the booking confirmation.
- We have some yummy ice-cream outside Café Evropa downtown Celje.
- While we stay at Irena’s I get my book back. I am looking forward to re-reading it this summer.
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
- I pick some melissa and mint leaves before the rain. Jay helps and enjoys it a lot.
- Trees, creaking and twisting in the wind. So wild, so beautiful, I can’t help but walk to my vegetable garden again to be a part of it all.
- Jay took a photo of the heavy clouds outside, amazed by the line on the horizon that they had created. She circles the line on the photo on the ipad screen and writes a comment to it.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
- I don't have any flower pots in our windows this year. But I love looking at others' and the ones on the ground floor flat balcony that I pass in the morning are really beautiful.
- Jay's face smiling at me through the office window lifts me up. I shut down the computer and leave immediately.
- I should have known that Em was going to keep the earrings I had bought for myself the moment she sees them… But she says I can borrow them sometimes. And that is a good thing.
Monday, July 6, 2015
- A cold shower in the morning. Only a few days ago that I started with this and I feel and perform so much better.
- I am happy to have Em come to yoga with me so that on the way she can share about her working day at the store and her plans for this week.
- Jay’s mini ponytails to make her less hot at night.
Sunday, July 5, 2015
- When Em says she had told her best friend about our family prior to her Saturday night sleep-over and an embarrassing Sunday lunch I am relieved.
- In the evening the girls and I watch together the weekly international news review and an episode I really like.
- As I let down the window roller shutter I see the stars and suggest Em to go out in her pajamas. Jay and I join her moments later. It is a beautiful warm starry night. (I don’t remember ever leaving the house in my pj’s to watch the stars at night. There is a first time for everything.)
Thursday, July 2, 2015
- Our colleague buys lunch. We sit out on the porch of the restaurant and it is really nice and comfortable.
- The owners are kind and talkative, a happy couple. And the house they want to sell seems like a happy house.
- I come home late, a long day indeed. A walk would do me good. I spend the evening with my girls instead. My happy hour.