Monday, December 30, 2013

  1. I change our family plans due to the rain and take Jay and her mate Tim to another children’s show instead. It’s a play about recycling and we all really like it.
  2. I check on Jay and she’s asleep in her bed with a big sign on her cover saying “I fell asleep all by myself”. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to say she wouldn’t be allowed to stay up all night on New Year’s Eve unless she went to bed on her own tonight, or maybe it was, because Em and I finally get to talk long into the night about things that bother and hurt her.
  3. I have heard it so many times but it is only tonight that it dawned on me. ‘Absent’. I feel very much at peace having struggled with this for such a long time and finally realizing there is a word for what I have been feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are so beautiful, Meri. It is amazing to drop in here and catch glimpses of you, your girls, and your days. Thank you for sharing, and wishing you and yours health and happiness in the new year!

    ReplyDelete