Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday’s for learning

  1. Jay manages to strike the birdie with the racquet and I tell her what a great badminton player she is learning to be. “I have started to learn two new things: swimming without armbands and badminton!” she says smiling. I have forgotten what joy it is to learn new things and it is nice to be reminded again.
  2. “Mommy, all houses have to face the highest mountain in Bali! And they can’t be any higher then a palmtree!” And then, when the documentary is over and we are ready for sleep, I grab the atlas and look for Bali, and then Em has to find Tahiti, all because I had a penfriend there back when I was a teenager.
  3. I read a passage from the book about family values and it depicts my situation exactly, and then I know that my feelings make sense. Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment