Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday at 2063 m alt.

It has been my big wish to be able to go hiking someplace really high sometime this summer... like back many years ago when I hiked to just about every peak (but one) in the Kamnik-Savinja Alps range...
And today I did it.
I took the day off from work, animated our family and we drove off to the mountain hut at 1500 m alt. and from there the three of us continued on to the top of the mountain Raduha, 2063 m alt. It took me 2 hours to get there which is 30 minutes more than what the signs suggested. Not a timing I should brag about, but my fit isn't either. It has been a challenge for me, indeed. And for Em, my 11-year old. I am very proud of her.

I am happy, still full of adrenaline and penetrated by all those energizing negative ions, and making plans for the next tour.

 
The top of Raduha, only 2 hours' hike away.


 
Just 10 minutes to go!



At the top of the mountain, with a magnificient view 
of the Kamnik-Savinja Alps and Julian Alps far right, in the mist.
It was worth it, every step.

1 comment:

  1. Exhilarating views--truly amazing! And how wonderful that your part of the world looks like this!

    ReplyDelete