Friday, July 15, 2011

It's Friday!

  1. It's 10 minutes to leaving the office. I am done. My 2-week vacation, here I come!  Just a brief about my projects to my superior. Who happens to remember about a thing that needs to be done. Urgently. Two sentences and he's out of the office and I am stuck by my desk for another hour. Seeing another colleague working in her cubicle makes the situation more bearable from the very first instant; deciding that I am not letting such expressions of power get to me for more than 1 minute, makes it just another assignment; and realizing it is unnecessary once I gather the data and do the analysis, makes it a total absurd that gives me good laugh when I shut down the computer and leave.
  2. She listens and I don't expect her to say anyhing, but then she presents my options very objectively and although it doesn't solve anyhing, it is easier to reflect on it without that strong emotional tone. 
  3. They are three lovely 11-year olds, so full of life, laughter, love. I am so impressed by the the flow of energy among them that I can't help wondering about chances of bringing them together really soon again when the other two girls leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment