Monday, June 27, 2011

Bold without blinking on a Monday

1. I walk across the parking lot when I see an empty beer tin being thrown out of a car. The car gets started just as I am about to pass by. I knock on the fellow driver’s side car window. Next thing I know I am looking in the eyes of a teenage chubby boy and a man in the driver’s seat that is probably his father.
“Do you think it is the right thing to do to throw trash out of your car?”
“Yes!” says the big man.
“Do you think you are giving a good example to your child?”
“Yes!”
“Then it is OK.” That’s all I can say and then I walk away.
It was bold and I have never done it before, but I think it was also a good & right thing to do.

2. I glance at a baby in his pushchair and I see he’s staring at me (or better, at my glasses) without blinking. He is the loveliest little boy in a navy blue striped T-shirt. Time stops for three or four seconds. 

3. Jay starts sweeping the paved path in our vegetable garden with her little broom, and doesn’t stop till she’s finished. I can see she is proud of herself and I am, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment