Thursday, September 30, 2010

Autumn Thursday

  1. Jay threw a tantrum in the morning. First time since she started daycare a month ago. The only good thing about it was that I managed to calm her down and that she was in her usual good mood when we walked over to the daycare center. Then Jay asked me: “Why are you walking so fast?” Indeed, I was getting late for work. I wasn’t sure what to say. “I am not walking that fast, am I?” and in that very instant I remembered the poem "Hurry" by Marie Howe… Late for work? Big deal!
  2. On my way home I looked at the hills and saw that the colours of the trees are not as green but with a hardly noticeable blend of gold. Change of seasons...
  3. Apples picking! Our neigbour's orchard has very old trees with apple varieties that are no longer planted but they are our absolute favourite. Picking apples from such old twisted trees is something we do every autumn for as far as I remember and I love it! Can't wait for the crispy ones we will be picking at another orchard next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment