Saturday, March 5, 2016

  1. The tension has been building up since last night. I had a long drive ahead of me, the kind that took nearly 3 hours in the bad weather on Monday when Jay had her rehearsal at a music school in the western part of the country. But then this morning it only takes 90 minutes to get there, to the National competition of young musicians. When Jay is finished with the third composition and starts playing the last one I feel tears running down my cheeks. I cry again when I let Jay take the call to my mobile phone at 8 p.m. and it’s her piano teacher announcing that Jay’s among recipients of the golden award.
  2. We stop at my friend’s. It is a happy reunion with her and her family.
  3. An evening show on TV and we watch it together, all three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment