Monday, July 15, 2013

I read this post and decided it was a good day to get uncomfortable...

… like when I need to fill out the tax papers and the deadline is today.
Because I hate tax papers.
But I am grateful I have something to pay taxes for.

… and like when I have to take Em’s shoes back to the store to file a complaint.
Because I hate being the one to complain, to stand out; I’d rather just let go and blame it on myself for buying a low quality merchandise at a high price.
But I am grateful I did it.
And for taking the girls for the best ice-cream in town afterwards.

… and like when I have to insist on Jay’s sleeping in her own bed, in her room.
Because this happens 6 out of 7 nights (she made it a rule to sleep in the big bed on Fridays) and it stressful and it requires a parent’s persistence to stretch at the end of a long day.
But I am grateful Jay eventually understands we all need a good night sleep and comes sneaking into the big bed no earlier than 3 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment